How to get more apps in Windows 8 by changing the location
While Microsoft is pumping a lot of money into Windows 8 app development, not all titles are accessible to Canadians.
It's not like we're getting short-changed on purpose.
It seems many app developers, when selecting the region for their apps, pick the United States instead of the rest of the world...or even North America.
This, unfortuantely, rules out many apps from the Store that we get access to in Canada.
But there is a trick to beat the system that Microsoft hasn't figured out.
By default, your computer's region is configured to...Canada, obviously.
So all you need to do is change your region from Canada to the United States.
- Swipe in from the right side and select the search button
- Select 'Settings' right underneath the search box
- Type in 'location' and then hit enter to search
- Select 'Change location' from the search results
- Select United States from the drop-down menu and then hit OK
And you're done!
Note: You might need to close and re-start the Store app before the changes are reflected.
What's your favourite Windows 8 app?
- Maurice Cacho, MSN Tech & Gadgets